The GTA Blog @ Penrose Library

This is the true story of a Graduate Teaching Assistant at the Penrose Library, University of Denver.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Updates!

After a long while, I have finally been able to set up a time to make my presentation to the reference staff on reference models, slated for the 1st of next month.

Jenny Bowers is working on getting me some on desk time (four hours per week).

The initial Google Books/PEAK Catalog project was interesting enough that I will be revisiting it, this time being more consistent in collecting samples of data, and then crunching it through SPSS. The goal is to use the material to produce a publishable journal article on the possible impacts of the Google Books project. In the meantime, my initial list of 80-odd titles that are in PEAK and Google Books will be going into the MARC records soonish, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home